Thursday, April 5, 2012

8 Day Count Down

8 days and she will be here.  8 days. Wow! I can now say that I am getting excited to meet her.  Good news is, I actually feel like things are coming together here at home.  Her bedding is still not done, I can’t remember if I mentioned that I messed up a section, but my sister is willing to fix it for me while I’m at the hospital.  I also need to add the ties, but that requires me remembering to get brown thread at the store. I can’t seem to remember that!  We have also decided to get a new chair for her room.  Space is cramped enough, but it would be nice to have a feeding area.  I had one for the boys and it really was nice to have. 

We bought a changing table for her room.  Something we didn’t have with our boys.  With them, I just set up a changing station on my dresser.  Their room was right beside ours so it worked fine.  I’m hoping that I will enjoy having an actual area for that this time.  I am really excited about it though.  We found it on local sales network for $40 and it looks brand new!  It has a drawer and 2 shelves.  Not really sure what should go in the drawer yet.  I think so far it has  a pack of newborn diapers, 2 packs of wipes, and desitin in it.  I added 3 baskets to the top shelf  that contains bibs in one and burp cloths in the 2nd one.  Having a hard time deciding what should go in the 3rd.  Right now it contains an assortment of things I am not sure what to do with.    The bottom shelf is full of size one diapers. 

I emptied my craft area that was inside a dresser in there, so it now contains blankets  for her, shoes, tummy time pillows,  and a baby carrier.  It’s crazy how much stuff a baby has.   We even have 2 totes that contain things 9 months and older because there was no room left to hang in her closet!  Ian thinks it’s insane that she has more clothes that Ty & Micah put together.  So funny.  Sorry Ian, this is just the beginning.

As for Ty & Micah, I am SO excited for them to meet her.  I already know they will be excellent big brothers.  They love, love, love babies.  Ty loves to go in her room to see her bed.  I have a stack of wipes in there also that he thinks must go on the changing table because he moves them there daily…and I just move them back to their spot.  He knows that it is “sister’s” room and that “sister” is in my belly. It’s pretty cute.  Micah honestly doesn’t even care.  Occasionally he will see a piece of her clothing and say “oh tute” (oh cute) but other than that, he just doesn’t even notice. 

I have really been enjoying snuggling my boys the past few days.  I love that they will still let me do that.  It’s getting more and more uncomfortable, probably for both of us, but it’s still nice.  I know I will miss them during my hospital stay.  They will be in good hands though!

8 days away…wow. I am just shocked every time I think about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment