Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Contractions

Yesterday was tough! I won’t bore you with all I did yesterday but it was busy busy! My sister and I went to a consignment sale to see what we could find for our kids.  I got several CUTE things! Things I am super excited about! You would think I would have went crazy buying girlie things but I didn’t.  I wanted to be picky when I went in.  We have so many pink things that I decided to look for things that were different.  I had not had dinner and my hips and back were killing me and it was SOOOO overwhelming seeing all those girl clothes.  I left with 2 rompers, 1 shirt, 1 dress, and 4 onesies.  Shocking, I know! I do plan to go to half off day and try to find a few things.  All the things I bought were perfect though.  Maybe I will post some pictures soon. 

So, we left there and picked up Mexican food then headed home, put the kids to bed and watched tv and ate.  I had been having a few Braxton Hicks through out the night, but that’s not uncommon. I have been having them since 20 weeks this pregnancy.  16 weeks last pregnancy. No big deal.  Then they started hurting and I was having pressure in areas that I am not sure were normal with BH. After 2 and half hours of timing them and they happened almost exactly 7 minutes apart, my back started cramping.  That was the point I decided to call the doctor.  At midnight.  We made a late night trip to the hospital, even walking in I had 3 big contractions, but the second I laid down on the bed they stopped.  This always happens to me.  They did see irritability with the uterus, enough to put me on procardia apparently.  Not fun.  I was glad that I wasn’t having preterm labor.  I am only 33 weeks.  I was glad to finally get home at  3:30 am and get some sleep. I was exhausted!!

This pregnancy stuff has been hard! I assumed having a single pregnancy this time would be so much easier.  I know it has been easier in a lot of ways, but in some ways it has been harder, or maybe just as hard.  6 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment