Monday, March 12, 2012

Potty Training Boy 2

I had planned to blog this whole experience but Ian is home with us again after being away for a week. It was a pretty busy weekend, so I haven’t really had a chance or desire to blog about this.  Micah is still doing great.  He pretty much always tells us now when he needs to sit on the potty.  Today has been 2 weeks for him.  I am still very pleased with how well he is doing. 

We started training Ty on Friday.  As I mentioned before I did not look forward to training twins, but I especially did not look forward to training Ty. He has no interest AT ALL in sitting on the potty.  It usually ends in tears (for him) when he has to sit.  I refused to make them sit on the potty. With Micah I didn’t have to.  Ty is a different, stubborn story.  So today is day 4 with Ty and he still hasn’t let me know he needs to sit.  He usually comes up to us saying “pee pee in flow” (floor)  We explain every time that he should not go in the floor or his undies that it should be on the potty but he doesn’t seem to care. 

Over the weekend we bought a tiny seat to go on top of our toilet.  They have both used the big potty but seem to prefer the little potty since they can watch TV while going.  I honestly don’t mind at this point.  We have less than 5 weeks till our little one gets here and as long as they aren’t going so much in their diapers I don’t care which potty it is.  It would be nice if we could get them to go on the big potty though. I know that would be less work for Rebekah when she comes to watch them.  Plus, potty chairs just really gross me out!

1 comment: