Sunday, March 11, 2012

Yogurt Dots

I was looking on Pinterest today and found (these) yummy looking yogurt bites.  Ian was at the grocery store so I asked him to pick up some strawberry yogurt for me.  I was so excited to try these.  I am SO glad I did!

You just pour the yogurt in a zip lock bag and cut a hole in the corner.  Drop little dots on a cookie sheet, I used wax paper for easy clean up.  That’s how I roll.  Put them in the freezer for 1 hour and you have a yummy treat!  I do think next time I will freeze them slightly longer, maybe add 15 minutes.

These were great for the boys.  So much less messy than yogurt with a spoon.  I feel like this would be a good afternoon snack with maybe banana and animal crackers. Maybe that only sounds good to me because I am pregnant.  Good thing about doing it this way is that we only used a 6 oz. container of yogurt rather than 12 oz.   It seemed to take the boys a little longer to eat these also than it did yogurt at breakfast this morning.  

These will also make a yummy summer time treat.  I am not sure how fast these will thaw in the hot sun though.  You will probably have to eat them immediately.  I don’t think we have a problem with that though!!!!

1 comment: