Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ready To Get My Craft On

I feel like now that Averie is almost 10 weeks old and is on a schedule, I am ready to start crafting occasionally.  Things are definitely less crazy around here.  I am even about to start working on Saturdays again soon.  Anyways, I am not really sure which projects that I plan to do, but I am excited about it. 

I did start a BIG project last summer and plan to finish it this summer.  I got the crazy idea to paint my bedroom furniture.  I actually can’t remember if it was my idea or Rebekah’s idea.  Either way, I am 100% sure she sent me a picture that I fell in love with.  So I can blame this on her, correct??  I started sanding my night stand like a crazy woman and never finished it.  I later found out that I had sanded it WAY too much, I only needed to rough it up a bit.  Oh well, since I am painting and not staining, that should not be an issue.  This is going to be a big project. Especially if I do all the pieces.  There is a headboard, 2 nightstands, a dresser, and an armoire.  That is a decision I still haven’t made.  I know I plan to do the dresser and 2 night stands since they will stay in my room, but right now the armoire is in Averie’s room and I would personally like to get rid of it.  I would also like to get rid of the head board.  I have never, ever liked this head board and have a “plan” to replace it.  I keep thinking that when I get rid of this set though, that I will get more money for it if I keep the pieces together.  That would also require making them all the same color.  I am not concerned with the headboard, but that will include the armoire.  More work for me.  I really am excited about this project though. 

Another project in the future may include trying to make more space in a  tiny kitchen.  I have ideas. 

Stay tuned about my painting furniture plans.  I bought the brushes tonight. I am serious about this.  I hope to get started next week.  Maybe I can get one piece done a week.  That’s a good goal, right??

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'll take the blame now as long as I get the thanks later when you love it :-p

    ReplyDelete