I have not blogged much lately, but I am not really sure why. Not too much has been happening lately. I figured I would just do a small recap on what was happening in our lives. These will all be completely random and out of order.
1. Detergent. I made laundry detergent! This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and finally got a chance to do it! Or should I say, I finally got Ian to stop being a
Debbie Ian Downer and just let me do it! His complaint was the smell. He feels like he needs scented detergent. I finally found a recipe that seemed to have a scent and according to the people that made it, a nice scent. I bought the ingredients and got to work. It was easy peasy. Every one says that the hardest part is grating the soap. It’s true. The muscles in my hands were sore for days afterwards. I have used it for about 20 loads and I am still not sure how I feel about it. It’s for sure going to be tons cheaper. It does have a nice smell. You would think it wouldn’t when you are grating your citronella scented Zote soap. It is just a light, clean scent. So far I think it’s fine for the less dirty clothes, especially mine. It has not been good for the boys shorts that have been peed in. Especially if those shorts happen to have been in the laundry room for 2 or 3 days before being washed, not that that ever happens at our house.
Interested in making your own detergent? Here is the link: http://www.howdoesshe.com/cheaper-and-better-diy-laundry-detergent
2. Potty training. The never ending process of potty training. They are actually doing really, really well. I mostly don’t even have to ask them if they have to go, they just go on their own. But they refuse to pull their pants up on their own and if they feel the need to poop in the floor…they do it. Ok, so that only happened once, but I am traumatized! We still haven’t picked up the nerve to let them go many places with no diapers but we have been using undies with the plastic things over them. Those seem to be too much like diapers though and they will still pee in those, especially if they start having too much fun and forget to go to the bathroom. Oh well, hopefully they won’t be 5 and having this problem.
3. Story Time. I have started taking the boys to story time at the library. They LOVE it! The woman that reads stories is really fun. She is a great story teller and even plays the guitar and sings songs. Ty and Micah will participate some but mostly they are just the young awkward kids watching all the other kids. Now that I think about it, they have been some of the youngest ones there on the days we have been. Maybe it’s not so weird now. But they do enjoy it, especially 2 weeks ago because it was about fish. I enjoy it because it gets us out of the house for a bit and I can see how much fun they are having. Plus, we go to the park after so they can play in the fountain.
4. The Big TV. The last 2 weeks I have taken them to the theater to see a movie. 1 day a week they play an old cartoon for $2 per person. That includes admission, 1 small drink and 1 small popcorn. $6 for all 3 of us to see a movie plus each have a snack. EXCELLENT! I will be honest, I just go for the cheap popcorn. AND the time with my boys! :) We always get a sitter for Miss Averie and then we go out for our movie date. It really is the best. I love that there is a point that they just want to snuggle in with me to finish the movie. I love that they call it The Big TV. It’s just so fun!!
5. Averie. Have I already said that she is the sweetest baby ever?? I could just kiss her forever! She really is just so precious! She is so content and pretty easy! We just adore her! Lets see…she is still sleeping 12 hours at night. Still has 3 naps a day. We are in the process of taking her up to 5oz of formula. We did it today and she seemed even more content if that is possible. She has started holding her giraffe toy. It’s really, really cute! I can tell she likes it. She gets an amused look on her face when we squeak it at her. I just love that baby!
6. Baby Food. Okay, so this hasn’t started yet, but it will soon! I haven’t decided when yet, but we are thinking we are going to start baby food soon. She will be 4 months old in just 2 weeks. I said from the beginning that I was NOT going to start her on baby food till she was close to 6 months old. We started the boys at 4 months and it was just a lot of extra work that didn’t even seem to be making a difference in the eating/ sleeping habits. They already slept great also, so I am not sure what I expected. I can’t help it though! I am just so excited to see how she responds to each food! I think the only reason at this point that I don’t want to give it to her, is just keeping her a “baby” longer. It feels like that once she is having food then she is no longer teeny tiny! I am already about to clean out her 0 to 3 month clothes. It makes me SO sad to even begin to think about doing that! So starting food is the next step in that direction. Boo!
7. Tupperware/Pampered Chef. I had 5 pieces of Tupperware that had cracks and Ian was threatening to toss them if I didn’t do something about them soon. I FINALLY contacted a consultant and had them replaced. You really wouldn’t believe how excited I am to get those back. I guess that means I am getting old! ha! I also had a pampered chef party this past week. It was fun! I appreciate all of you that bought something and helped out my party! Maybe someday I can do the same for you.
So, I forgot to publish this blog, so it has been sitting for 2 weeks. Maybe more. I decided to go ahead and publish it, since I spent time on it but thought I would update it some.
Baby Food: Little Miss Cutie has started waking up around 7ish lately so we started her on rice cereal. For the first 3 days, it helped. Not so much after that. Maybe she is going through a growth spurt?? Who knows! Anyways, if it’s not going to help maybe I will push it off a little longer.