Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thirty

I am officially 30!  I have been for a few weeks, but I am just now getting around to this blog.  The day started fine.  We woke up and I took the boys to their first day of VBS.  I was so excited for them to go this year.  I just knew they would love it!  I think Ty did.  I am sure Micah did too since he came home every day singing the songs and saying his bible verse, but the first day I will just say that he stayed with me.  I was in charge of serving snacks this year so I was going to be there, but he stayed with me the whole time.   I was a little disappointed, mostly for him because I knew the fun he was missing out on.  He didn’t seem to mind though. 

After VBS Micah said that he wanted to see his daddy.  I knew it was nap time, but thought “it’s my birthday, why not??!!” Since it is a 20 minute drive to his work, I knew they would probably nap there and back.  I am really glad that I went.  It was a busy day, but it kept my mind off the fact that Ian wasn’t planning a birthday party for me.  I knew he wasn’t planning one because I would have known some how.  I would have noticed something.  I had already tried to bring up the issue the night before and he barley even talked about it.  I mentioned that maybe we should have a friend eat with us at my favorite restaurant.  The place that Ian hates to eat at, but will for my birthday.  He pretty much blew me off though and said “sure, I guess that’s fine, if it’s what you want to do.”  I was seriously on the verge of tears every     time I thought about it.  Only because I was thinking that this day wasn’t important to Ian.  It was just another birthday for him.   I even texted my sister on the way to the restaurant to say “I will plan my own party for my 40th birthday because Ian doesn’t even care!”

Including me, Ian, and our 3 kids, there were 35 people there. I think that number is correct, I honestly don’t  want to go back and count.  30 people that Ian contacted and invited to my party that he had planned for me.  Have I said how much I hate surprise parties???  It was very sweet of Ian, I even apologized for being so sulky all evening. It really was a great night getting to visit with all of my friends that came.  It really meant a lot that so many people showed up! 

Something that was funny to me was the fact that I had seen so many of those people that very morning and none of them had wished me happy birthday because they said they were scared they would give the party away.

Too bad most of the pictures turned out terrible. My hand were shaking from being so shocked and nervous, I didn’t even think to fix the white balance!

2012-06-25 18.49.042012-06-25 18.49.292012-06-25 18.49.352012-06-25 19.33.062012-06-25 19.34.06

No comments:

Post a Comment