Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Master bedroom makeover: part 1


I probably shouldn't start this blog yet, since there isn't a part 2 yet😁 But, here I am anyway.  When we moved in to our house the room was painted a nice dark brown color and the curtains were gold and cream. I promise they were gold and cream. It wasn't that "is it gold/white or blue/black" dress thing. It wasn't terrible, so I left it alone. I didn't love it and didn't plan on keeping it, but I also had no idea what I wanted my room to look like. I went back and forth netweeen grey and cream for almost 2 years before I finally made a decision. Cream. 

Now, one thing you must know about me is, I have to find the perfect shade of whatever color I am using. I research, research, and then I research a little more.  Some people definitely think I am a little ridiculous. I can tell by responses haha. I am ok with that. You know why? Because I love my colors. I know that I can live with these colors with no regrets. In my eyes, they are perfect. That's all that matters. 

On to my bedroom. I love Benjamin Moore paint. Love it. I chose Swiss Coffee. There are no weird undertones with our lighting. I seriously love it. 
I had not painted in awhile and wasn't sure how thick to apply the paint, so I ended up having to do 3 coats because the first coat was way too thin. Lesson learned.  This was first coat. 

2nd coat. 

3rd and final coat. 


I still have tons to do in my room.  I really want new bedding. That decision should be fun and take forever. I will do another blog on it once it's done. 

Here is a terrible before and after photo. It will at least give you an idea of what was done in the room. I remembered to take a before picture after I started painting. I think the "after" photo was after 2nd coat or while it was still wet because I see lines in the paint. The finished product is much better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment