Thursday, July 7, 2011

Potty Training Day 2

Wow! This is not fun at all! I am beginning to think maybe he isn’t actually ready.  Today started out horrible.  I put him on the potty immediately after waking up around 8:30.  At 9am he finally went. I was so happy. I knew today was going to be great….from 9am to 9:45 am he peed on the floor 7 times!!! yes, 7 times!!  The 7th time was him peeing on his book case so I put a diaper back on him because I felt like I couldn’t handle any more.  I put both boys down for a nap and sat on the couch and had a pity party with tears and all. :)  I sure know how to throw a party.

After talking to a friend or 2 and got some encouragement, then took a nap, I woke up ready to start again.  I decided to try a treat method.  The sticker method wasn’t working.  He actually didn’t care at all about the stickers.  I know I have heard not to treat with food or candy, but I felt desperate!  I had these little candies left from Easter, not sure what they are, but its a candy shell with chocolate on the inside. No, not m&m’s, but something similar, these things are round.

So, Micah was excited to have a treat.  He got one round ball for peeing in the potty.  He threw his arms up and yelled ‘tweat, tweat’ 

The day didn’t end perfect though.  He did pee in the potty more times on the 2nd day than the first day and there were less times in the floor the second half of the day. It was still so hard though.  It was very frustrating at one point because he went in the potty and 10 minutes later was doing something that made me think he needed to go again, but when I asked him, he shook his head no and pulled his shirt down to cover himself, then ran to the hall and peed on the rug. *sigh*

Surely we will get through this!  and then….I get to start all over with Ty! yay!  (I am being extremely sarcastic)

No comments:

Post a Comment