Thursday, May 10, 2012

4 Weeks Already

Averie is 4 weeks old tomorrow.  Almost a month already.  It really feels like that long, but it is also crazy to think that she has been with us for  a whole month.  She is fitting in perfectly with us.  We adore her! All of us. 

She is such a sweet baby.  She loves to be snuggled for sure.  As long as she is being held, she is happy! She is doing really well with her sleeping at this point.  At her 2 week check up,  that was actually 3 weeks because I had to reschedule, she weighed 9lb. 5 oz.  Growing girl! She was 8lb 9oz at birth. 

Thankfully Ty & Micah have adjusted well to her being here.  I knew they would be fine, but I also knew they would have a hard time at first.  I was correct.  Now they just love to kiss her and snuggle her. I love it!

I feel like we have had a hard first 3 weeks with week 4 going more smoothly.  It has been great in some ways, but horrible in others.  I was very, very blessed to have help the first 3 weeks.  Ian was home the first 2 and I had the hardest time letting him go back to work!!  Ian’s mom, Karen,  was here the next week.  It was so helpful having someone here to take the boys outside during that week and to keep up with our dishes and laundry.  I do feel like things are getting better for us though.  Nursing was and is not going well at all.  That was our only issue really.  I was spending all my time the first 3 weeks trying to feed our baby.  At this point I have made the choice to pump and bottle feed and it is going so much more smoothly!  We are on a schedule now with Averie  and that helps too.  Schedules keep me sane when I have a new baby. 

Hopefully I can start blogging a little more often.  Like I said, it has been a hard adjustment!

Here is a picture of our sweet girl at 3 weeks! So precious!

 012

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! Glad the pumping is going smoothly; I had to resort to that too but still had a hard time! Hoping for better luck with this next baby!

    ReplyDelete