Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life With A New Baby…

is chaos. I will be honest. I do feel like we are finally catching on to this though.  I am recovering from my 2nd round of mastitis though and that has been hard.  We are only doing bottles at this point though and it has made things tons easier. 

We are really enjoying having Averie around.  She is 6 weeks old tomorrow.  Time really flies.  She is still sleeping a lot, all newborns do.  She has her days and nights mixed up though.  That has been tough.  We  are getting less sleep now that when she was first born! At least then she was going 5 hours between meals at night. Now its between 3 and 4.  Before she would eat and go back to sleep, now she eats and is wide awake.  My goal is to work hard all day today to keep her awake more.  I say this as she sleeps on my lap. Ha!  She is definitely growing.  I can tell as I pick her up, there is softness under my hands instead of a tiny skinny baby.  I love it! I love her!  Next week is her 6 week check up.  I can’t wait to see how big she is.

The boys are still doing excellent with her.  They are actually doing better with her everyday.  I love when they tell me she is cute.  I love how they get excited every time she is awake. They say “mama, mama, Avie (or Abie) awake!!!”  It really is precious. 

As for me, besides constant work with 3 kids, I am just working to catch up on house work.  Being in bed with mastitis really put me behind!  Why do they not send a maid and chef home with you when you leave the hospital?? It only makes sense!  Since they didn’t send one with me, looks like I will have to settle for a messy house for awhile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment