Monday, June 6, 2011

T-shirt Makeover

I did something stupid. I really don’t want to go into detail, only because it’s almost 1am and I want to get in bed soon.  But I signed us up to have family pictures taken….tomorrow.  One of the worst parts is, I have had THE hardest time trying to figure out what we should wear. 

It all came down to me wanting to wear this color shirt.  I probably should have just wore the shirt and not messed with it.  I hope I don’t regret this when the weather gets cold again.  I can say that this isn’t my favorite shirt even if I do actually wear it. 

I decided to give it a makeover.  Ian thought I was crazy for wanting to wear long sleeves with this hot weather, so I decided to take care of that problem.  Here is the shirt:

006

I used another t-shirt to determine the sleeve length, then I cut it!

008 009

Then I decided it needed a vee neck rather than rounded.  Not really sure why I thought it needed this…

 010 This is me wearing the newly shortened sleeves and v-neck.

012

Now to decorate.  I cut out as many circles as I could from the sleeves.  I did 2 big circles and 1 smaller circle for each ‘flower’.  This isn’t actually a flower, but I didn’t know what else to call it.

 015

I folded this in half, then in half again and made a few stitches to give it a crinkled look.  I got the whole shirt idea from (here).

 016

Here is the finished product.  I am pleased with how it turned out.  Now to just get my sisters opinion:)023

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Great job. It's so cute! I want to try it!

    - Tara

    ReplyDelete