Monday, June 13, 2011

Theater Square Marketplace

I have a pretty cool brother.  While being in the Louisville, KY area visiting my brother and his family, we were excited to go see him at work.  He went to culinary school to work in the restaurant business.  He is excellent at his job!   He cooks at Theater Square Marketplace.  What a neat place to eat!!  The food was excellent!  The kitchen area is open, so you get to watch them cook your food.  Bruce looked very professional.  I am very proud of him.  Ty & Dexter seemed pretty proud of him too.  They couldn’t stop yelling ‘un buse’ every time they saw him.  Dexter probably pronounces it a little better than that:)  We were able to take the boys over at one point to watch Bruce do his thing. 

Again, the food was excellent.  We had Bacon & Eggs and Black Bean Cakes for an appetizer.  The Black Bean Cakes were my favorite.  It was actually my favorite thing all night, except maybe dessert:)

Bacon & Eggs: crispy pork belly on pesto, a 40 minute egg on pepperonata and wilted greens. Drizzled with truffle cream and a little sea salt on the egg.  The idea is to cut the egg and mix the yolk with the pesto to make a rich herby sauce.  Sorry about the cell phone pictures, my brother sent me a better one, but I haven’t figured out how to save it to my phone yet.

011

Black Bean Cakes: served on a bed of grits and pepperonata with wilted dau mui (dow mew-pea shoots) and drizzled with balsamic reduction.  This was seriously my favorite part of the meal. 

010

I had the Duck Ragout as my entree.  It was SO yummy!  I have to admit, I was a little nervous.  But I don’t regret my choice.  Duck ragout: pulled duck confit, rich herb tomato sauce, gnocchi, garnished with parmesan and fresh herbs.

Dessert was Cookie sandwich: macademia nut cookies with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce and Brownie: chocolate brownie, vanilla bean ice cream, hazelnut powder, and chocolate sauce.  Wowza!  Yes, I said wowza.  The dessert was SO good! I was stuffed, but somehow made room for dessert.  I think I almost went into a sugar coma afterwards. It was worth it!

The Restaurant was very nice.  The service was great!  The live music was enjoyable. Food was delish!

Our trip to the restaurant wasn’t so pleasant.  We some how got lost on the way.  We missed one turn. Instead of parking within 5 minutes away with Rebekah & Alex, we parked like 30 minutes away.  That’s walking, not a car ride.  We walked and we walked and we walked and I thought we were never going to get there.  We got part way down one street and it was blocked off because the Colts were in town doing something.  All I know is they were in the street and we couldn’t get through. I was hungry, sweaty, and carrying a 100 pound baby.  Okay, so maybe 28 pounds, but it felt more.   We did finally make it and I decided the best thing to do on our way out is for Alex to drop off Ian at our car and come back to pick us up. 

It was pretty neat waiting for the guys to come get us though.  Ian took Micah, so I only had Ty to watch.  Rebekah had Dexter and we decided to walk up and down the street till the guys got back.  It was a lovely night. Not too hot.  So, we are walking down the street and Bek starts saying ‘cougar town cougar town cougar town’. I start looking at the buildings thinking ‘what is she trying to get me to look at?’  The I notice coming towards us is Grayson from the show Cougar Town.

Josh Hopkins Picture

I do not watch this show, but I do know my celebrities enough to know exactly who he is.  We were pretty excited. Rebekah was excited to make eye contact with him. hahaha. Yeah, we were acting like 16 year olds.  We do that a lot together.  There was a woman with him and another man.  I knew the man but couldn’t place him and it was driving me crazy! Thankfully we passed them again (I promise we weren’t stalking them) and it ended up being Sam McMurray, Chandlers boss from the show Friends.

  Anyone that has watched the show definitely knows who he is.  We keep walking and we see another guy.  As soon as I see him I think to myself that he is also a celebrity, but then think since he is alone, maybe he isn’t.  Then he gets close and he is talking to himself maybe a little and is being kind of weird, but it was definitely Dash Mihok, Benvolio  from Romeo+Juliet (the Leo and Clare version).

  None of those people are real well known, but it made our night more exciting.  I was glad I was with Bek when it happened, Ian would not have been as excited or wouldn’t have wanted to talk about it for an hour like we did:) Sisters are pretty great too!

012

 013 Ty wouldn’t be still for the picture. He kept looking for Uncle Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment