Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Weekend…Success!

 

Wow! What a crazy, crazy weekend!!  I loved it, but I am so glad it’s over. Where to start, where to start….

On Wednesday Aug. 11, I started the fondant for the cakes. It is SO much work! Especially when you have 2 next day 1 year olds crawling around everywhere!  Making fondant if fairly easy. You just need powder sugar, marshmallows, water, and icing dye.  Heat the water and marshmallows then fold in the sugar.  Eventually it will become the right consistency. 

  082

SO, while I was making lunch this day. Micah decided he was going to learn how to climb on to the couch by himself.

073 075 078 079 080 081

The first time, I just turned around and he was all leaning back with a big grin on his face, like ‘yeah, I’m just relaxing!’ It scared me to death! I got him down, then when I realized I should have at least taken a picture, I decided to capture his second attempt. It was crazy how fast he could get up there!

Aug. 12th, was Ty & Micah’s birthday.  I took the day off from cake making to spend with the boys:)  Sadly, they were sick with a cold, so it was a VERY lazy day. They slept till after 9am. Then took an hour and half morning nap instead of just an hour. I let them because I wanted them feeling better for the evening celebrations!   We got a handprint kit when they were newborns and never used it, so I decided we would use it on their first birthday.  MISTAKE. Not a mistake doing it on their birthday, mistake for doing it on a 1 year old.  Ty decided to grab a handful, so we tried to do the foot instead. It looks terrible, but I guess that is what will make it so special:)  Micah just got the foot print, I didn’t even attempt the hand with him!

108 110

We had a nice evening!  We had dinner at El Tap with several friends, then went to Marble Slab for ice cream.  It was their first time having ice cream…it was SO cute! They loved it!!! Micah couldn’t stop smiling:) 

Then we came home and they opened their gifts. Well, I opened their gifts. They weren’t interested…at all.  Not even in the paper like everyone said they would.  Ty touched a gift once, then said ‘don’t’, like he shouldn’t be touching it. haha.

097

At least they enjoyed playing with the blocks we got them:) 

Aug. 13th I made the cakes. NIGHTMARE! I don’t bake cakes. The first 2 were too dark, so I had to make 2 more to replace those.  I was pretty pleased with how they all turned out. Considering I had no idea what I was doing:)

Aug. 14th, party went great! We had a great turn out. Most of our friends were able to join us.  Ty and Micah enjoyed eating cake for the first time.  They got some really great gifts!  We really did have a great time! I was so worried since it was during one of their nap times! I wasn’t really sure how they would respond to that!  They did great though!

125 126_crop 155 159 194 221 244 252 254

Sorry this was so long! I just had to put everything in here!

2 comments:

  1. They are so gosh darn adorable!!!! The cake turned out awesome!!!! Welcome to the blogging world! happy blogging to you! Happy Birthday to the boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cakes turned out great! i hate that you were so stressed out the night before. why do we do that to ourselves???

    ReplyDelete