Friday, August 20, 2010

First Year

 

This is me not having anything to blog about:) It’s been a few days.  We have been dealing with sickness in our home for a week! That’s nothing to write about.  I thought I would make a list of things that was a must in our home during the first year of having twins.  Maybe it can help a new mama out there.

1. Bouncy seats. We LOVED ours and used it for at least the first 5 months of their lives. It was great to move from room to room if I needed to, that way I could clean or prepare food while the babies were with me.  It was also very handy to sit in the floor between them and hold a bottle in each mouth:)

Fisher-Price - Turtle Days Bouncer

2. Jumper. Micah loved to jump. It was great having this and an exersaucer so each baby could have something to play in.  I recommend borrowing anything you can.  They don’t play in them long at all!

Fisher-Price - Rainforest Jumperoo   Evenflo - Exersaucer Mega Farmyard

3. Double stroller. We couldn’t have went anywhere if it wasn’t for the double stroller. There are so many options to pick from.  We had a front/ back stroller, but there are also side by side. I picked the one I did so it would be easier to go shopping if I needed to. Easier to get through doors and skinny areas. 

4. Walkers. They graduated out of the bouncer, to the jumperoo, to the walkers. They really liked being able to have the freedom to walk around the house. We have hardwood floors, so they could really move:)  It was always funny watching them push off then lifting their feet to glide across the floor. so cute!

5. Bumbo seat.  Ty & Micah didn’t like these very much, but they were handy for me when we traveled so I could feed them. They were also great for when they couldn’t sit up by themselves, we would put them on the kitchen table to have dinner with us.

Bumbo™ Baby Sitter - Blue

6. Highchairs for traveling. IKEA has wonderful highchairs. Very light weight, easy to clean. They are only $25 dollars and they have been wonderful!   We go out of town alot and over to our friends house for dinner, these are perfect to take with us. That way we don’t have to hold the babies the whole time we are trying to eat.

ANTILOP Highchair with safety belt blue Width: 22 7/8 " Depth: 24 3/8 " Height: 35 3/8 " Seat height: 21 5/8 "  Width: 58 cm Depth: 62 cm Height: 90 cm Seat height: 55 cm

It comes in blue, red, or white.  The highchair is $20, tray is $5.

7. bibs. These bibs are great. It cuts down on laundry and its easy to clean. Just run it under water or wipe it off. So easy!

8. This is not something to buy, but SCHEDULES! I would have not made it through this past year with out a schedule. We loved it. I always knew when my babies would eat and sleep. When you know when they are supposed to eat and sleep, then you know when when they cry, why they are crying. Well, most of the time:)  Usually if my babies were crying, they were sleepy. I put them on a schedule at 4 weeks. It changed our lives. All of us! At 6 weeks they started sleeping through the night and we were new people:)

1 comment:

  1. I love those highchairs...wished I would have know about them when the boys where little! Great post!

    ReplyDelete