Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Ty & Micah….Happy Birthday to you!

 

Wow! 1 year olds!  Aug. 12th 2009 at 8:02 Tyson Luke was born, at 8:04 Micah Blake was born.  That was THE happiest day of my life.  Ian & I were so excited to meet these little guys.  After 37 weeks of pain, misery, & morning sickness that lasted all day, I finally had them.  I remember that day so clearly….

I got up at 4:30 to put on make up, fix my hair, and shave my legs (who knows when the next time I can do this will be). We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 for my 7:30 C section.  I had the worst heart burn that morning. I won’t go into detail, it was bad!  I was so nervous to have to have this surgery, but ready to get it over with. At 7:30 exactly, they came to take me away.  Alone.  Ian had to stay out till after I had my epidural. But, I had the sweetest nurse to get me through it.  I was scared, but it was a comfort having her with me. 

I remember them testing to see if my epidural had kicked in, then my doctor saying ‘where is her husband?? get him in here right now!!!’  Then Ian was by my side and I was mostly okay:)  After some talking and waiting, my doc told us he could see a baby bottom.  Next thing I know, Ty was lifted so I could see him.  I loved him immediately.  Any question there was about my feelings for them were immediately answered.  I fell in love! Then I got to see Micah.  They cried and cried and cried, but it was the sweetest sound:)

It has been a wonderful year. It was so hard getting used to having 2 babies at home. Thankfully God blessed us with wonderful boys and an easy first year.  We put them on a schedule at 4 weeks and they started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.  That’s when things changed for us.  We started slowly figuring things out…and here we are now:)

Again, God has truly blessed us.  We thank Him daily for the 2 sweet boys He has given to us to raise for Him.

Happy Birthday Ty & Micah!! I love you boys!!

059

057

1 comment:

  1. aw, that made me tear up! i love those boys so much. looking at those pictures of them, i can still remembered the way they smelled :) actually, kind of like they do now, only stronger lol. they're awesome. i love that micah is a little crack-up and i love that ty is reserved and tough :) i'm so glad they're here and so glad there are 2 of them, even though that was scary at first :)

    ReplyDelete