Thursday, February 23, 2012

Adventures In Babysitting

So,  one of my dear friends asked me to watch her 9 month old little girl today.  She had a gift card for a mani/pedi that needed to be used soon.  I watched all 3 kids by myself the other day and it was fine so I figured ‘why not??’  This child is great really.  A very sweet personality…as long as you don’t leave her in the room by herself. haha.  Ty & Micah really enjoy her too.  She is just learning to crawl and the boys love to be chased so they stay entertained by running while she follows  or chases them.  At least that’s what the boys think she is doing.  Easy Peasy! I fed her lunch, then made the boys their pb & j sandwiches.  While they were eating in their high chairs, I was giving the 9 month old cheerios in the floor.  Again, easy!

Well, I notice her back is a little wet. Oops! I have had her an hour and hadn’t even thought to check her diaper.  Looks like she has a full pee diaper since her back was wet.  I was slightly suspicious that it wasn’t wet around her legs though.  When my boys diapers leak from an over load at night, it always at the legs.  I get everything together and lay her on her changing pad on the couch.  BWT, SO glad I used the changing pad! I never use one with my  boys.  I open things up, whip the diaper out and notice she had not peed.  It wasn’t pee that was making her back wet.  I stay calm at this point because thankfully I had gotten the wipes out too.  I decide that the easiest solution is to  take the out fit off the proceed to clean up.  So, as I’m taking the 1 piece outfit over her head she arches her back a bit and that is when things get scary.  She now has poop all over her back, all in her hair, all over her hand which then rubs it all over my arm and all over her belly AND she is trying to stick that hand in her mouth.  I decide to then move things to the floor.  I will admit it got on the couch, but I did clean things up.  Don’t be scared to come to my house and sit on my couch! haha

Next step: a bath.  The only way I can clean it all up. I grab her up, along with another 1 piece outfit and a diaper and head for the bathroom.  The boys are very upset at this point that the baby gets a bath and they don’t.  I plead with them to finish their sandwiches and they can have a piece of cake.  I am all about bribery when I have to be.  This was one of the cases that it had to be done.   I wash her in the sink and I am using a cup to pour water over her.  Before I shampoo, I fill up the cup and lay it by the sink.  What does tiny 9 month old do??? She reaches out and knocks it over…all over her clean, dry outfit.   Oh, and that was the point I realized I forgot to grab a towel :p

Thankfully I have baby girl clothes that she was able to wear while I dried her extra outfit. 

We were all fine after that though.  That is until I spilled my sonic coke  AND my boys didn’t nap. 

What a day, what a day! Thankfully Ian will be home soon with dinner. 

1 comment: