Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Potty Training Day 2

Ty has had a fever today so he is taking a small break till he feels better.  The thought of him sitting in my lap all day with no diaper on is not appealing to me.  I do not want to change both of our clothes 10 times a day.

Micah is doing really well on the other hand.  Who knew that girl scout cookies were the answer to our problem.  Please don’t throw things at me when I say this, but I have never been a GS cookie fan.  I just don’t get the appeal.   Micah gets the appeal. 

We started out this morning with him peeing pretty soon after I put him on the potty.  He helped me dump it in the toilet then as I rinsed the bowl, he flushed.  It’s all very exciting.   I am thinking “okay, he will probably have 3 cookies today, I can handle that” he went in the potty 2 times yesterday.  One thing I must saying about my boys is, during potty training, they don’t have 1 big pee and then hold it for an hour.  They pee a little in the potty after sitting there forever and then stand up and pee around the house like 8 times with in 30 minutes.  That’s why I gave up the first time we went through this.  Plus the fact that they would scream and cry every time I would even suggest sitting on the potty. 

So, Micah has one success first thing this morning but instead of letting me put his undies on him so he can play, he wants to sit on the potty again.   Anyways, so shortly after, he pees again but it’s barely anything.  My thoughts are “he peed, that’s all that matters” so he got another cookie.  Then he wants to sit again.  And he pees again.  3 in 30 minutes is a LOT of cookies. This is when I decided to break the cookie in to 4 pieces and give him just a bite each time.  He doesn’t seem to notice.

He has done really well today.  We have definitely had more going in the potty than in the pants. yay! Even if he is sitting on the potty for most of the day.  I can tell he doesn’t get it yet.  Maybe it will take a while.  But at least he is willing to try to sit on the potty.  *whew* 

2 comments:

  1. My friend used m&ms cause they do figure it out fast the more times you go the more you get. (And mini candy bars for #2) and glad I still have a little while. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training is seriously one of the greatest success of my life...LOL...So sad but so true!!! I HATE potty training!!!! I wish you much luck my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete