Thursday, February 2, 2012

Felt Food

Recently we visited my sister and her family for a weekend and like usual, Ty & Micah had a blast playing with toys that didn’t belong to them.  One good thing about the boys playing with other kids toys is that it gives me ideas on what to get them for Christmas and Birthdays.  Sometimes I just really run out of ideas.  Especially since they have been crazy over Toy Story, Elmo & Cookie Monster, Cars, and Finding Nemo for so long. I can only come up with so many ideas for gifts that I actually want to spend my money on.  Seriously, how many Buzz toys can you have?? Sure you can have a lot, but if they aren’t going to play with them all, it seems like a waste of money!

  So, Dexter got a kitchen for Christmas this past year.  IT.IS.ADORABLE! Very vintage!  Ty and Micah LOVED it! They seriously spent their whole weekend playing in the kitchen.  It got really exciting when the 3 two year olds took their dry cereal into the kitchen to ‘cook’.  Wow, it was a mess! Sorry Rebekah and Alex!!! Did I mention we were babysitting Dexter?? Anyways, so, Rebekah had made Dexter the most awesome, most incredible food.  Yes, MADE it!! He even had his own home made oven mitt. 

Fast forward 2 weeks and we went to another friends house for a play date.  They also had an adorable kitchen that they bought at a store we have in town, Essex.  It was settled.  Ty & Micah were getting a kitchen!  They had money from Christmas  that I wasn’t sure what I was going to use it for.  Most likely clothes, but now a kitchen.  I went to Essex to see what I could find.  I was shocked at the kitchen selections.  There were a lot more than I thought! This store is just really a jumbled mess. You never know what you will find.  Everything is brand new, but much cheaper than store prices.  The boxes usually look like they have taken a beaten, but everything I have from there is in great shape.  The things that I have bought from there were always half the price they were at the store.  I even found Dexter’s kitchen there for half the price… don’t tell Rebekah ssshhh.  So I came home with my pictures on my cell phone and did my little research.  I did this because I haven’t switched to the smart phone yet.  But I found a cute little kitchen (Here) for half the price at Amazon…just $40 dollars!! I was super excited, maybe just as excited as Ty & Micah were to receive this kitchen! 

All this to say, I called my sister and “hinted” that we needed food for our kitchen.  A week or so later we received a box in the mail full of food.  The boys were excited.  Sweet Dexter had packed up his own food for them.  It’s okay, Rebekah plans to make him more.    As soon as Ty saw it he said it was Dexter’s food.  He would have said that even if it had not come from Dexter’s house.   But it was cute to me that he knew it was like Dexter’s food. 

Lucky for all of you, you can now have your own awesome food! Rebekah has made up a pattern for any of you to use…for free!!!!  If any of you can sew and have kids, this is excellent!!!! Much cuter than the hard plastic stuff you can buy in the store.  (Here) is the link to her blog. Check it out and share with any friends you know that would love some awesome food for their kids.  I would LOVE to know if any of you make this! Send me a message if you do or comment on this blog. 

Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment