Monday, February 27, 2012

Potty Training AGAIN!!!

So here we go again.  This is my 2nd round with each boy.  I tried 6? months ago and it was terrible.  I definitely felt like they weren’t ready. They are 2 1/2…they have to be ready this time, right???  I went to bed last night thinking about starting this today and woke up still motivated.  Here we go!  I have decided we are going to start out wearing undies this time.  Last time they went commando.  I am definitely handing out treats when they go. I don’t care how terrible people think this is. I am desperate and want this to work.  Candy seems to work.   I have cleaned up probably 15 to 20 puddles total, SO FAR, today.  Ty has peed in the potty 2 times, Micah once.  I seriously felt like doing a crazy happy dance and almost started singing “We Are the Champions” when they both went for the first time…at the same time.  The only thing that stopped me was that I was on the phone with my sister and I’m sure she would not have enjoyed that.    We still have the rest of the day and evening, it’s JUST 4pm .  Thankfully in one hour Ian will be home and I will have his help and support. 

This is seriously one of the worst things ever.  I dread knowing I will have to go through this again in 2 years.  I have definitely done LOTS of praying today.  Praying that they would catch on fast but also for myself that I would be very patient with them during this time.  The last thing I want to do is lose my cool with them and make them frustrated.  It would be so nice to get this part behind us before this new baby gets here though.  Hopefully my patience and motivation will hold out!

1 comment:

  1. 1. This really made me laugh.
    2. Do you realize we talked 2.5 hrs today??
    3. Lest anyone see that 2nd note and think that's why they peed in the floor so much... I know it isn't. Those little monkeys were wizzing every 4 minutes lol.
    4. I think it will be easier with baby girl because I've heard second children and girls are both easier than first horns and boys.

    ReplyDelete